Engage and enlist faith-based community activist groups to utilize the film as a rallying point and platform for their own efforts.
- Resource kit downloaded more than 10,000 times.
- 200+ national organizations distributed resource kits to their members. Advance screening events filled to capacity.
- Resource Kits: Developed resource kits for organizations to use to mobilize their constituents to see the film and take action based on the film’s inspiration. Kits included discussion guides, files optimized for print and digital distribution, film branded social media assets, template letters to engage constituents and local media to the film’s inspiration on organizations.
- Ad Buys: Coordinated email, online and social media ad buys to reach target audiences and organizations.
- Content Development: Connected with thought leaders to create blog posts, Op-Ed pieces and talking points to be placed in media outlets and the film’s social media channels.
- Screening Events: Secured venues and hosted preview screening events in key markets to engage key influencers in faith communities.
STRATEGY: we must continue the story
- Engage organizations in efforts to connect their current work to the historical significance of the Selma march and the civil rights movement.
- Solicit and distribute content from partner organizations to raise their voices in connection with efforts of the studio.
- Equip organizations with resources that utilized the film’s marketing efforts to make local connections.