Increase engagement with and awareness of the successes and programs of a local public school district.
- 2.5x traffic to district web site within 6 months.
- Established regular presence for the district with local media.
- Designed year-long editorial strategy for district initiatives
- Created written and visual records of key district initiatives
- Website Content: Created custom visuals to accompany all written news items; designed editorial content calendar.
- Videos: Created a series of videos showcasing district priority initiatives; assisted individual school sites with visual support when needed.
- Podcast: Designed the concept and produced a podcast series for the district to provide another means of communication through a growing media format.
- Community Partnerships: Established ongoing communication partnerships with groups such Chamber of Commerce, PTA and school foundations.
- Publicity: Established a regular presence for the district with local English and Spanish language media, including TV, radio, print and digital media.
- School-based Branding: Helped specific school sites to focus their identities through the creation of branding documents, logos, graphic assets and videos.
Strategy: Show > Tell
Show the work. Many schools talk and write but we created a visual representation of the work that drove engagement.
- Serve Local Media: Make sure that media saw VUSD as a solution to their desire to cover education stories.
- Engage Community Partners: Invite partners to become communication channels, driving P2P impressions and word of mouth.
- Narrative Editorial Approach: Focus on priority efforts to tell a story throughout a school year - not just random news.